The Beverage Division’s Bartender Competition
WHO CAN ENTER
- To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Belizean residents who are existing users of Facebook.
- Must be over the age of 18 years. Both Male and Female Bartenders are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants from all over the country are eligible to apply, however, travel expenses will not be incurred by The Beverage Division for any participant.
- Applicants must have 2-3 years bartending experience and/or certification.
HOW TO ENTER
Entry is online, by youtube or vimeo:
- No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry allowed per account holder.
- To enter, upload a 5-10 minute video of yourself showcasing your Bartending Talents and share link to facebook.com/bevdivisionkhm. Be sure to also send link to firstname.lastname@example.org along with contact information (Full Name, Phone number, Address & valid Email) in the body of email sent to us. We will be looking for Charisma, Camera Presence, Ability to hold the audience’s attention, Mixing ability, Precision, Quickness, & Proper usage of Language.
- After link has been posted to The Beverage Division’s Facebook page, share and encourage your FB friends to like and share the post. The number of likes received by each contestant will factor into choice of finalist. Therefore, the more likes and shares gained on your video, the higher your score will be for the ‘People’s Choice’ portion of the judging criteria. Same rules apply for submission deadlines below. A tally of likes/shares will be closed December 13th, 2018 at 5 p.m. Central Time.
- Video should showcase at least 2 signature drinks. Creativity is a plus. Also, a short introduction of oneself should start the video to include name of person and the establishment they work for (if applicable).
- By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the video submitted, and (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties. No lewd, crude, or offensive language (as determined by The Beverage Division in its sole and absolute discretion) or nudity will be accepted. The Beverage Division reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
- The contest starts on November 26th, and all entries must be received by The Beverage Division by 5 p.m. Central Time on December 10th, 2018. The Beverage Division is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
- On November 10th, three (3) finalists will be selected, based on performance from among valid entries. These three finalists will be contacted for a showdown on December 14th, where all three finalists will compete at The Beverage Division for a tasting in front of judges, using ingredients provided by the Beverage division. The showdown will take place on the 17th of December. This will be a sudden death showdown to make 2 cocktails in front of judges in a short amount of time for tasting. The judges will be looking for quickness, talent, presence and taste of final cocktails. One winner will be selected on the 18th of December to be the first official Beverage Division Bartender.
- One (1) winner will be selected. That winner will receive the chance to represent all of the Beverage Division’s World Class Brands on OYE (Open Your Eyes – Channel 5), Bragging Rights for himself/herself and a highlight of the establishment they represent, a Bartender’s Kit and occasional product samples from the Beverage Division.
- A formal 6-month contract will be signed by the winner and The Beverage Division for appearance on 6 episodes on OYE.
- Each winner will be notified by Facebook private and public message. Before claiming the prize, the winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to via email to email@example.com at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within fourteen (14) days of notification, at the time each winner claims his/her prize in person at The Beverage Division. Each winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. The Beverage Division reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
- If a winner cannot be notified within fourteen (14) days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility prior to deadline, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
- There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of The Beverage Division. The Beverage Division has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- The Beverage Division is not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
- In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that The Beverage Division has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, video, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
ODD OF WINNING/ MISCELLANEOUS
- Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
- Complete contest rules are available online at www.karlmenzies.com/bartendercompetition
- This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The Beverage Division and FACEBOOK accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
- The Beverage Division cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information. The Beverage Division is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
- The Beverage Division reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and to change the aforementioned contest dates.
- By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against The Beverage Division, Facebook.com, and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
- Facebook, Inc., and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with The Beverage Division nor with this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.